PAN-OS 11.0 Nova, a step before zeroday threats
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Attackers continue to develop new ways to evade traditional defenses, while security teams struggle to defend organizations with point solutions that are complex to implement and operate.
To help organizations, Palo Alto Networks has announced PAN-OS 11.0 Nova, the latest version of its industry-leading PAN-OS software, which includes more than 50 updates and innovations.
“PAN-OS 11.0 Nova is a leap forward in network security. Stops 26% more zero-day malware than traditional sandboxes; detects 60% more injection attacks; simplifies security architecture and helps organizations adopt cybersecurity best practices,” explains Anand Oswal, senior vice president of network security at Palo Alto Networks.
PAN OS 11.0 Nova
- Advanced WildFire: modern malware is highly evasive and sandbox-aware. To solve this problem, sandboxes must continually evolve to thwart analysis-resistant evasion techniques.
- Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP): The enhanced ATP service reimagines the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) with industry-first inline capabilities to stop zero-day injection attacks.
In addition to Advanced WildFire and Advanced Threat Prevention, notable innovations in the Nova version include:
Simplified and consistent security
- Web Proxy Support: for those customers who need to run proxy explicit on your network due to network architecture or compliance requirements, Nova features natively integrated proxy capabilities for Palo Alto Networks NGFWs, helping to protect web and non-web traffic. Palo Alto Networks NGFWs and Prisma Access now support web proxy, allowing customers to implement consistent network security across campus locations, branch offices, and mobile users, all centrally managed.
- Next-Generation CASB Integration: Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), natively integrated with Nova and Prisma SASE, now includes new SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM) to help find and eliminate dangerous misconfigurations in more than 60 enterprise SaaS applications.
Strengthened Cyber Stance
- AIOps: Palo Alto Networks AIOps helps reduce misconfigurations that can lead to security breaches. AIOps, launched earlier this year, now processes 29,000 metrics each month at 50,000 firewallsand proactively shares 24,000 misconfigurations and other issues with customers for resolution each month.
Palo Alto Networks Announces PAN-OS 11.0 Nova to Keep Organizations One Step Ahead of Zero-Day Threats
The new ones firewalls of hardware they also bring the flexibility of fiber and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to small branch offices.
- PA-445 and PA-415 for small branches: The PA-445 and PA-415 bring the flexibility of fiber and PoE ports to distributed enterprises and small and medium-sized businesses.
- PA-1400 series for large branches: The new PA-1400 series offers up to 5 times the performance and up to 7 times the session capacity compared to the previous generation.
- PA-5440 for large campus locations and data centers: we launched the highest performance 2RU fixed form factor, the PA-5440. This platform offers twice the performance of the previous generation PA-5260 and is ideal for protecting large campuses and data centers.
PAN-OS 11.0 and most security services will be available in November.