Sustainable AI, how to contribute to its momentum
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Today, the debate ‘Green Algorithms, the sustainable future of Artificial Intelligence’ was held, organized by DigitalES, the Spanish Association for Digitization.
A report was presented at the event that lists 10 challenges for the promotion and development of a more sustainable AI in Spain. In addition, representatives of the Secretary of State for Digitization and AI, Fujitsu, IBM, Lexmark, Sopra Steria, Telefónica and the University of Castilla-La Mancha have participated.
“From DigitalES we are convinced that Spain has a lot to say about what we call a ‘responsible AI’. Sustainability requires an exclusive focus, which complements and reinforces the values around which we must build AI”, declares Sara Hernández, regulation and sustainability consultant at DigitalES.
Sustainable AI Challenges
The exposed document has sought to provide certainty to the emerging environment of ‘green’ algorithms, beginning by consolidating a definition for these and going through offering specific proposals addressed to companies and administrations, within the framework of the development of the Government’s National Plan for Green Algorithms .
How to contribute to the promotion of a more sustainable Artificial Intelligence
A program that will see the light “in the coming months”, according to Salvador Estevan, General Director of Digitization and Artificial Intelligence of the Government (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation).
These are the 10 challenges for the development of sustainable AI:
- Specify the sustainability of an Artificial Intelligence algorithm
- Collect proven use cases and develop a catalog of good practices
- Promote debate on the environmental aspect of technological development
- Design mechanisms in companies to guarantee responsible AI
- Find and train talent to ensure sustainable AI
- Strengthen sustainability as an evaluation criterion in public procurement
- Regulatory Sandbox
- Public-private collaboration
- Aid and tax incentives
- Investment in Spanish shared supercomputing platforms