RING9, hybrid cloud data storage
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Businesses are looking to offer their customers cloud backup services for a wide variety of workloads so they can keep data safe.
On this, Scality launches RING9, a software for hybrid cloud data storage. A solution that enables IT teams to build a modern hybrid cloud data storage infrastructure with higher performance.
“With full AWS API support and user security management in RING9, we now have the flexibility to offer our customers cloud backup services for a wide variety of workloads while maintaining secure data”, explains Laurent Cheyssial, CTO of Jaguar Network.
RING9 for hybrid cloud
RING9 builds on significant investments in the company’s flagship solution, RING, which enables IT teams to:
- Full use of flash media through dynamic data protection policies
- Advanced monitoring with Prometheus tools and APIs
- Streamline integration with API extensions to ecosystem partners like Veeam and VMware Cloud Director (VCD)
With these new capabilities, RING9 further enhances and simplifies file and object storage at scale for enterprises building private and hybrid cloud storage services with comprehensive AWS S3 and IAM support.
Scality launches RING9, a software for data storage in the hybrid cloud
RING9 enhancements are based on top-tier enterprise and service provider deployments that have been made since 2010:
-High performance and storage efficiency: increases the use of the latest generations of flash media through Storage Accelerator (SA), a powerful multi-tier tiering capability. This enables dynamic classification and data protection policies for ultra-fast IO at hot storage tiers via low-latency NVMe flash, with automated movement of data to increasingly cost-effective tiers on lower-cost flash.
-Innovative management of the entire stack: brings monitoring to the modern cloud-native data center with Prometheus-based integration and AlertManager, a comprehensive new UI panel with user-actionable alerts.
-Integration of the ecosystem: streamlines the integration of its partner ecosystem products into the customer architecture, with support for:
- New APIs to improve monitoring, reporting, and data placement in solutions from ecosystem partners like Veeam and others
- Enhanced VMware vCloud (vCD) integration, including production use in real-world service provider deployments
- More comprehensive AWS IAM-compliant bucket policies to strengthen security and access control
Leave a Reply