Portworx by Pure Storage, this is the new updates
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Advances in the Portworx portfolio provide more data services and offer DevOps teams greater control over their workflows. Despite this, 82% of organizations are concerned that their current data protection solution will not meet future business challenges.
Building on this, Pure Storage today announced a series of updates to its Portworx portfolio including:
- overall availability of Portworx Data Servicesthe industry’s first Kubernetes Database as a Service (DBaaS) platform
- The next generation of the iconic Portworx Enterprise, the complete multi-cloud ready Kubernetes data management platform for running mission-critical applications in production
- overall availability of Portworx Backup-as-a-Servicewhich supports backup and restore of any Kubernetes service, including Amazon EKS, Red Hat OpenShift, Google Kubernetes Engine, VMware Tanzu, and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service
“With today’s announcements, we offer our customers a comprehensive set of Kubernetes solutions that help them speed up data services, run Kubernetes applications in production, and protect applications and data anywhere with just a few clicks,” said Murli Thirumale. , Vice President and General Manager of Pure Storage’s Cloud Native Business Unit.
Portworx Data Services
Portworx Data Services is a Kubernetes database-as-a-service platform that organizations can leverage to streamline deployment, day 2 operations, and protection, for any data service, with a single click, without lock-ins or the need to contract specialists.
It is now generally available, with the following benefits for developers:
- Support for critical databases– One-click deployment of popular data services including Cassandra, Kafka, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Zookeeper is immediately compatible with One Platform and will be extended with more services soon. Platform teams can use One API to operate all of these databases and Manage One Solution to support businesses.
- Consumption-based prices: organizations only pay for the data services they consume. Portworx data services can be purchased on a pay-as-you-go model or through pre-purchased hours.
So are the updates in the portfolio of Portworx by Pure Storage
The next generation of Portworx Enterprise enables new use cases that will help customers bring varied workloads into production Kubernetes environments, increase developer agility, maximize application performance, and reduce failover time. to seconds.
The five new use cases and capabilities for Portworx Enterprise are:
- Multi-tenant platform as a service with application I/O control: this enables customers to maximize infrastructure usage, control bandwidth and IOPS resources per application/user, and scale platform-as-a-service environments efficiently.
- 5G/Edge with IPv6: enables deployment of Kubernetes applications in a 5G/edge environment, end-to-end IPv6 support, and edge storage access.
- Migrating Legacy Applications with Kubernetes Virtualization: offers comprehensive support for KubeVirt and Openshift virtualization on Kubernetes managed platforms
- Unified Storage Overlay with Object Storage Service: customers can get a unified storage overlay solution with file, block, and object storage services.
- Active data tier backed by high-performance storage with PX-Fast: customers can take advantage of the high IOPS and low latency of any high-performance storage backend infrastructure, including NVMe, without compromising the benefits of Portworx Enterprise.
PX-Backup-as-a-Service takes the full feature richness of PX-Backup and makes it available for customers to consume as a service, simplifying day 0 and day 2 operations for protection Kubernetes data.
Now generally available, PX-Backup-as-a-Service includes automatic discovery of Amazon EKS clusters to enable customers to start protecting their cloud-native applications with just a few clicks, role-based access control (RBAC ) and multiclient.