Metaverse, powerful new 3D experiences with Adobe
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
The metaverse brings with it a new reality that forces us to offer powerful new 3D and immersive experiences. Therefore, Adobe has announced updates to Adobe Substance 3D.
Updates include a 3D Materials SDK for developers, powerful new plugins, and native support for Apple’s M1 chips for Painter, Designer, and Sampler.
“Smart brands are preparing for the metaverse by increasing their 3D and immersive content creation capabilities. This means that a lot of opportunities open up for artists with a 3D background,” said Scott Belsky, Chief Product Officer and Executive Vice President of Adobe Creative Cloud.
The growing importance of 3D and immersive content has contributed to a strong demand for Substance 3D tools in the gaming, entertainment and e-commerce industries. 3D content creation also continues to become a critical skill for creative professionals as more brands gear up for the metaverse and other immersive experiences. Substance tools have seen exponential growth of 100% in a year and already have hundreds of thousands of active users each month.
Adobe has announced multiple updates across the Substance 3D Collection, including:
- Native support for Apple’s M1 chips for Substance Painter, Designer, and Sampler, enabling 3D content creators to work faster than ever. All three tools are part of the Substance 3D Collection, the only comprehensive solution for 3D visuals and experiences.
- To make the potential of Substance materials as accessible as possible, a new Substance 3D Materials SDK allows developers to write their own plugins and use Substance 3D’s material and model engines within other applications. A new Substance 3D automation toolkit provides features to automate tasks based on Substance files.
- A Substance Materials plugin in Photoshop joins an existing plugin for Illustrator – already used by hundreds of thousands of Illustrator users – and helps save users time by eliminating a large number of steps required to create texture variations and design and 3D effects. The latest update to the Substance 3D plugin for Unity allows artists to load, apply and modify Substance parametric materials directly within the Unity engine, a development platform for creating cross-platform 2D and 3D games and interactive experiences.
- Continuing to expand capabilities in 3D sculpting workflows, Adobe will also release Substance 3D Modeler to users later this year. Modeler introduces an intuitive approach to 3D modeling that frees users from complex and technical limitations that previously existed. The desktop and virtual reality tool offers a wide range of creative possibilities, such as creating concept art, sketching and prototyping, creating detailed characters or props, or even fully sculpting a scene.
Adobe advances the metaverse with powerful new 3D and immersive experiences
Adobe Research has previewed research projects designed to power future experiences in the metaverse:
- New 3D and augmented reality shopping tools from Adobe Research and Adobe Commerce enrich the in-store shopping experience with online information. Customers can scan products on their mobile devices to access personalized shopping information, product price comparisons, reviews and product details. This helps customers make better purchasing decisions in store and gives retailers the tools to adapt to customer needs in real time. B2B companies can also use this technology to optimize their warehouses.
- Adobe has introduced a smart new method of optimizing load time, while maintaining visual fidelity for an optimal AR client experience. The new AI-powered method enables brands to deliver a high-quality AR experience in a fraction of the time it would normally require, prioritizing AR content that is most likely to be relevant to the user first, based on their movements within physical space. This will help brands reduce common issues with slow load times in large AR scenes. This technology will be integrated into Adobe Aero later this year.
- Native M1 Mac support for Substance Painter, Designer and Sampler and the Substance Materials plugin for Photoshop are now available.
- The Substance 3D plugin for Unity will be available later this month and Substance 3D Modeler, currently in beta, will be available later this year.
- Universities that subscribe to the Creative Cloud “All Apps” plan now have free access to Adobe Substance 3D apps.
Leave a Reply