Digital transformation, 8 reasons to adopt your strategy
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
Digitization has meant between a 10% and 15% increase in the turnover of the companies that join this process. For this reason, the Government has launched the Kit Digital programme, with an allocation of €3,067M to continue promoting this process.
In this sense, Keepler Data Tech has pointed out the eight main reasons that should lead companies to adopt a digital transformation strategy.
“Digital transformation is mandatory for any company. Any investment in technology must be seen as a future return in the medium and long term, so it will always be worth taking the step towards digitization,” says Ana Manzanares, Business Development Manager at Keepler Data Tech.
Reasons for digital transformation
These are the 8 reasons to adopt a digital transformation strategy according to Keepler Data Tech;
- Cost and time savings. The digitization of processes and their automation favors positive synergies between people and machines. The result is to reduce human dedication to repetitive tasks and dedicate this time to more creative tasks, in which the human being contributes his true value. It is what is known as augmented intelligence, technologies that enhance human capabilities rather than replace them. That’s why task automation will be a critical driving force for the modern digital enterprise. In addition to this, the adoption of development environments in a pay-per-use model is one of the keys to reducing infrastructure and operation costs. At this point, the public cloud plays a very important role, facilitating solutions that allow us to be more efficient in the resources used.
- Improved governance of information. Data is an increasingly relevant asset in companies. The use of new technologies in an appropriate, guided manner and within the framework of good Data Management practices, allows greater traceability of the life of the data, which implies greater knowledge and/or control and, consequently, less risk of incidents, information gaps and greater efficiency in the management and use of information.
These are the 8 reasons to adopt a digital transformation strategy
- Performance analysis. The use of management systems based on technological solutions allows teams to be managed more efficiently, and to focus on results, with KPIs that measure performance objectively. Something that also happens in industrial environments, data analysis improves the operability of the infrastructure. For example, applying predictive maintenance techniques improves the early detection of incidents, or avoids them, reducing downtime or more complex repairs. Increasing the analytical capacity and the knowledge of the performance in real time, allows to improve the processes, make more accurate decisions and operate in changing scenarios with efficiency.
- Sales increase. During these last years, new channels of interaction with the client have been created, which has led to an increase in the possibilities of selling. The technology allows the creation of 360 customer identity systems to build anonymized identities that collect all these interactions through various channels, being able to better segment campaigns and improve the conversion rate. Thanks to digitization, 50.4% of companies increased their online sales during the pandemic.
- Risk reduction. In industrial environments, robotics is an emerging technology that allows reducing production times, human errors, and even avoids endangering workers.
- New working models. With telework or hybrid work already well established, it is necessary to have the same or equivalent tools to replicate everything we do in the office: communicate in real time, schedule meetings or simply work together on a document. This was shown by the Gartner Digital Worker Experience Survey, in which almost 80% of workers use collaboration tools in their work, compared to just over half of workers who did so in 2019. This represents a 44% increase since the start of the pandemic. Those companies that have optimized their tools, so that they are versatile in any work model, have a clear advantage.
- Improve the customer experience. Customer experience is one of the priorities in any end-customer business model, so much so that 53% of European companies say that customer experience tools were a high investment last year, according to the recent Software Business survey Technographics. In this area, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence solutions have come to help, allowing us to better understand the characteristics and interests of users, and even predict their behavior. Customer service is also improved, allowing 24/7 service without the need for permanent agents thanks to artificial intelligence. In this sense, Gartner points out that this year 70% of customer interactions will involve emerging technologies, such as instant messaging or chatbots.
- Develop new business models. The use of social platforms and applications for different purposes would not have been viable 10 or 15 years ago, as there was no technology available at the level of telecommunications, processing, or simply not being as democratized as it is today. The digital transformation of recent years has made it possible to generate new technological capabilities, defining and implementing new business models and making innovation another key point.
Leave a Reply