Cybersecurity in Spain, this is its state
is the headline of the news that the author of WTM News has collected this article. Stay tuned to WTM News to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic. We ask you to follow us on social networks.
More than 80% of Spanish companies seek technological and legal advice on their IT security, as a result of the growth in cyberattacks in recent months. And it is that only 18.7% of companies work on security internally.
All this can be seen in the study “State of cybersecurity in Spain” by Secure&IT, which in turn highlights that 43.8% of organizations consulted have advice in the legal and compliance field, but only 18, 7% work on information security internally.
“In information security it is essential to integrate technology and law. It must be treated as a strategic issue, involving the entire organization and must be supported by senior management. Therefore, establishing cybersecurity as one of the company’s values is a highly valued differentiating element”, says Francisco Valencia, CEO of Secure&IT.
Cybersecurity in Spain
The study shows that ransomware is the attack that worries companies the most (26.9%), followed by identity theft (12.7%) and internal attacks (11.4%). Fear and pressure make many companies choose to pay in the face of blackmail from cybercriminals, but, in most cases, they do not recover their information.
80% of Spanish companies seek technological and legal advice on their IT cybersecurity
But ransomware is not the only concern of companies, which have seen how fraud attempts have also increased, through identity theft. For their part, internal attacks complete the podium of threats that most worry companies.
In this regard, it must be remembered that cybercriminals are only guilty of 23% of cyberattacks. The other 77% occurs within the companies themselves and may or may not be intentional: human errors, disgruntled employees, unfair competition, legal or contractual breaches, lack of technical measures, insufficient training, etc.
Phishing is also among the main concerns of companies. It is calculated that about 90% of companies have received phishing attempts in the last year.
Leave a Reply